WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING?
Microneedling (also known as skin needling or collagen induction therapy) is a type of treatment that uses small needles to cause tiny punctures in the skin.
These small contact points encourage the body to create a wound healing response and renew the skin cells. As your skin repairs, the production of collagen and elastin is triggered to give an almost immediate plumping effect. It can also help tackle other skin damage such as scarring, dark marks, sun damage and ageing.
TYPES OF MICRONEEDLING TREATMENTS
At revival, we offer the following methods of microneedling treatments:
- Microneedling Pen Revitalize & Rejuvenate: This uses an electronic mechanism with a short needle to target just the top layers of the skin, giving a rejuvenating effect. The reduced intensity of this treatment causes less downtime than a deeper treatment, whilst still achieving a youthful complexion.
- Microneedling Pen: This is a unique electronic mechanism which allows your practitioner to control treatment intensity to best suit your needs. A solution is also applied to the skin, containing hyaluronic acid, minerals, vitamins and peptides, which stimulates cell proliferation and so reduces the skin’s contours and improves elasticity. The microneedling pen treatment is targeted and ideal for clients who have localized areas of concern.
- Dermaroller: This is a titanium device that is rolled over the skin to create thousands of tiny contact points. This causes the body to create a wound healing process for rejuvenated, smoother and younger looking skin. Dermaroller is good for clients who need a large area treated.
Microneedling is most commonly used to treat the following skin conditions:
- Dull skin: Rejuvenate tired and dull skin and combat the initial signs of ageing.
- Wrinkles: Fine lines and wrinkles on the face can be visibly reduced, as microneedling triggers collagen production.
- Scarring: Scars from acne and Chicken Pox can be improved and an uneven texture can be smoothed out with microneedling.
- Pigmentation: Can help to fade dark patches such as pigmentation due to sun damage or ageing.
Microneedling is a great treatment for you if you have darker skin because it doesn’t involve peels or lasers, which can cause pigmentation issues. Treatments can be performed on the body as well as the face, prices are based on an area or the size of the face.